DANCE COMPETITION 2023
Become Queen Of The Nile
- Music must be 5 minutes maximum for all contestants.
- Music, dance style, and costumes must be culturally appropriate.
Professional Belly Dance/Raqs Sharqi
Rising Star Belly Dance/Raqs Sharqi
Rising Star Fusion
Troupes 2-6 Performers (All Forms)
Drum Solo (Must sign up for another category to join this category also)
OMARIS - AMINA GOODYEAR - JACQUES AL ASMAR - ZHOR - GINA MARIE NEWMAN - SUSU PAMPANI - TERRIANNE GUTIERREZ & ZIZI ZABANEH
- Dance Technique
- Overall Presentation of Costumes, Makeup, and Hair
- Musical Interpretation
- Entrance and Exits
- Use of the Stage
- Soloists: Expression, Timing and Transitions
- Groups: Group Dynamic and Expressions, Group Timing and Transitions
1. All contestants must sign a release form before the competition. Failure to sign a release form will result in being disqualified.
2. Check in with staff the day of the competition and no later than two hours before the competition begins.
3. No entries will be accepted after the deadline of April 10, 2024.
4. No communication with the judges before the competition.
5. Contestants in this competition must be at least 18 years or older.
6. Send your MP3 or AAC to firstname.lastname@example.org when you sign up for the competition. Bring a back-up MP3 on a CD with only one song on it with your name and category printed on it, music is due on later than April 3, 2023.
7. All contestants must not exceed five minutes for their complete performance and will be timed. Points will be subtracted for going over the time limit. Group Size: min 2 - max 6 participants in a group.
8. All dances will be performed on our main stage only, no dancing off stage.
9. Wear cover-ups over your costume when not performing.
10. Competition Participants, Guest Performers, Vendors, and Judges authorize Firestorm Productions Inc., The Dancer’s Eye, and Embrace World Cultures, entities, associates, and/or heirs to use or sell any or all photos or video taken during the Festival on the Nile World Dance Competition, for educational, promotional, and professional purposes without compensation, releasing all rights to the material.
11. Any competitor winning any category of The Festival on the Nile International World Dance Competition, agrees to use the title of that category correctly, for publicity and allows Firestorm Productions Inc to use images, videos and likeness without further compensation (Competition Name, Your Name, Year, Category).
12. All judges' scores are final. Written feedback may be given to contestants if requested.
13. Entry fees are non-refundable. Categories must have a minimum of three performances to be judged with prizes awarded.
VIDEO TAPING POLICY
1. Audience Videotaping is not allowed. Please speak to Firestorm Productions Inc.’s team to purchase a video of the competition.
2. Audience Photos are not allowed. Please speak with The Dancer’s Eye to purchase photos of the competition.
If the performance is interrupted by a failure on our part, performers may begin their routine again without penalty. If the performance is interrupted by the performer’s equipment, music, props, costume malfunctions, etc., the team may continue or withdraw from the competition.
Teams showing inappropriate choreography/costuming/music/behavior, participants that were not registered, or running over allotted time will be disqualified.